Early Years Inclusion
Children who are known to Worcestershire Pre-school Forum will be offered support as part of the core (free) offer.
About the early years inclusion service
Children who are known to Worcestershire Pre-school Forum will be offered support as part of the core (free) offer, and referrals will be received via the Pre-school Forum. If a child in your care has been referred by a health professional, a member of the team will contact your setting as soon as the child is referred to the team by the Pre-school Forum.
If you require support for a child who is not known to the Pre-school Forum please contact the team directly on 01905 843099 to discuss purchasing an inclusion consultancy visit.
If you feel a child in your setting has emerging or existing special needs and/or disabilities, the Inclusion Team can support you on a range of issues relating to matters of inclusion.
The Inclusion Team encourages providers to take responsibility for making changes to their provision to meet the needs of the children in your care. The inclusion team can support the development of inclusive practice by advising on:
- supporting early identification and intervention
- observations and planning for children with SEN
- role of Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- guidance on Individual Support/Educational Plans and Provision Maps
- visual aids and strategies
- strategies to support specific areas of development
- behaviour management for children with SEN
- support with liaison with parents for consistency of approach
- guidance on SEN policies required within early years settings
- support with and signposting to a range of professionals and specialist agencies
- support with transition
You can find out more about funding opportunities, the support available to parents of children with additional needs and view our useful resources for inclusion booklets and leaflets.