Bus Passes and Concessionary Fares
Concessionary Bus Pass Scheme
The scheme offers eligible elderly and disabled people free travel on off peak local bus services anywhere in England. Off peak hours are between 9.30am and 11.00pm Monday to Friday and all day weekends and bank holidays.
Once you have completed your application you can expect to receive your new pass within 28 working days (unless we require any further information from you, in which case we will be in touch).
Concessionary Travel changes
- You will be able to use your bus pass for free travel on local bus services anywhere in England between 9.30am and 11.00pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Free travel is only available between 9.30am and 11:00pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays. Passes will be accepted on some infrequent services before 9.30am, the bus timetables can be viewed online.
- You will be able to use your bus pass on Community Transport and Dial-a-Ride schemes that affiliate with the Concessionary Travel Scheme and receive a discount of £1 per journey on your fare. Residents of Malvern Hills District will receive an additional subsidy of £1 per journey, funded by Malvern Hills District Council.
- Worcestershire County Council will continue to allow free travel to companions of disabled residents who meet additional criteria and this will be extended to Community Transport and Dial-a-Ride schemes.
- Worcestershire County Council will not issue Transport Tokens. This will affect some residents of Wychavon and Wyre Forest.