- What are cookies?
- What information we collect?
- What cookies we set up?
- How to delete cookies or reject cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit.
The cookies are used to collect information to analyse which parts of the website are most useful to our visitors. The information is used only for web analytics and no personal details are stored as all data in Google Analytics is aggregated and anonymised.
The information we collect includes:
- the name of your internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address you are using
- the date and time you visit our website, and the pages you look at
- the internet address of any websites which have linked you directly to our site
Google Analytics including Google Analytics Advertising Features
Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. The cookies will not be used for advertising but instead provide us with more information about who visits our site and what they look at, in order to provide us with information and make improvements to the website. The information collected by these cookies cannot identify individuals. Within Advertising Features we have implemented Demographics and Interests reports.
Talis provides the main library book search and renewal system. Cookies are used to allow you to log in to the system, see your personal lists, perform searches and renew loans.
We have developed several web applications for you to do things online, we are only setting necessary cookies that make sure that these applications work as they should.
We embed some YouTube videos on our pages. A YouTube cookie is used to provide web analytics in terms of the number of times a video has been watched and/or shared.
We recommend you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us to provide you with a better service.
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website:
- select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options
- add our domain (www.worcestershire.gov.uk) to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from
- under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored
You can find more information on how to delete and control cookies at
- AboutCookies.org website (opens in a new window)
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (opens in new window)