What Governor Services offers:
The Governor Services team supports governors and clerks in Worcestershire to enable them to fulfil their statutory responsibilities and to feel confident in meeting an ever increasing range of challenges.
On behalf of the Worcestershire Children First the team provides:
- support for maintained schools in the appointment of Local Authority governors
- maintenance of a database of governors, clerks and chairs of maintained schools
- a welcome, information and support pack for new governors and clerks of maintained schools
- access to a comprehensive governor development programme
In addition to the services provided on behalf of the Worcestershire County Council, Governor Services offer a Governor Services Service Level Agreement, providing support to governing boards and trusts, and also bespoke governor consultancy delivered at school based on the board/trust's individual requirements.
Our traded service
In addition to the services provided on behalf of the Worcestershire Children First, Governor Services offer a Governor Services Service Level Agreement, providing support to governing boards and trusts, and also bespoke governor consultancy delivered at school based on the board or trust's individual requirements.
Governor Services SLA
A fixed price subscription service provides:
- Helpline support, advice and guidance from experienced governance advisers
- Inclusion in Clerks’ mailings
- Weekly Governor Alert mailings providing governors with a brief update on recent news any updates on changing legislation and policy which may affect your school and role as a governor
- Secure login for each clerk to governor to the Governor Services Webpage; to access governance related materials, guidance documents, policy templates, and more
- Access to discounted comprehensive governor training and development programmes
- New Governor Induction pack and new clerk to governors Welcome Pack emailed directly to the individual and also downloadable from the Governor Services website
Training and development
Our professional development for governors and clerks aims to keep you informed, supported and challenged.
We offer training with a focus on 'core' topics (those that support and equip you to fulfil your role as governor to the best of your ability) at a variety of venues across Worcestershire.
Our termly programme of training is available to view in the governor services training directory (PDF) and on CPD online
For any bespoke or in-house training needs please contact the Governor Services team.
Forms and information packs
Download: Appointment of LA Governors
Processes for the appointment of 'Local Authority' Governors for maintained schools. Published: August 2016
Download: Form GS1 (word document)
Notification of a change to the Governing Board
Download: Governor Services Welcome Pack