Libraries and Learning
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for our library users updated 1 August 2020
Six of Worcestershire’s libraries re-opened on 4 July The Hive, Redditch, Kidderminster, Malvern, Bromsgrove and Evesham. To ensure the safety of library customers and staff, only limited services have been available at these sites to date and customers have not been able to enter the library to browse and borrow, to read or study or to relax and meet friends.
On Monday 3 ;August a further 5 libraries will re-open: Droitwich, Stourport, St John’s, Tenbury and Wythall.
Pershore Library will open later in August and thanks to the help and support of library volunteers, alongside Wythall, libraries in Broadway, Upton, and Hagley are also set to re-open later that month.
From Monday 3 August, service provision at all open libraries will be extended and customers will be able to:
- browse shelves and borrow books using self-service kiosks
- return books
- pre-book public computers
- pre-book a desk in the library for study and/or wi-fi access
- place reservations as normal (Reserve and Collect will be unavailable from 1 August and normal reservation fees will apply)
Library staff will be on hand to answer queries and provide information
Social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place for everyone’s safety. The number of customers allowed into the library at any one time will be managed; browsing time will be limited to 20 minutes and computers and desks will be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
It will be mandatory to wear a face covering when visiting a library from 8 August. Read the GOV.UK information regarding face coverings (link opens in new window)
Revised opening hours for libraries that have re-opened can be found on the Council’s dedicated Library webpages – Find my library
To book a computer session or desk space please go to:
- libraries are still unavailable for group events and activities, as a meeting place or a place to spend time reading or relaxing. Customers can access a wide range of online library activities via the Digital Library Hub and Worcestershire Libraries facebook page (opens in a new window)
- Mobile library service is expected to re-commence in August
New Digital Library Hub now available
Access new digital services and make the most of your library membership whilst you stay safe at home. Visit the ‘Digital Library Hub’ below to discover more.
Worcestershire Library Strategy
Our Library Strategy which sets out a vision for Worcestershire libraries from 2020 to 2025 has been approved by councillors.
The strategy will shape how library services evolve to meet the changing needs of residents over the next five years. Work has begun to plan how the strategy will be implemented.
Download: Worcestershire Library Strategy