The permit scheme is designed to tackle a range of issues including the illegal dumping of business waste which would otherwise cost the council – and ultimately council tax payers – more than a million pounds a year.
Permits are available FREE OF CHARGE to residents of both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
This scheme applies to anyone who uses:
- Commercial type vehicle (including hire vans)
- Trailer over 1.3m internal length (excluding draw/tow bar and hitch)
What information do I need when applying for a CVT permit?
Please make sure you have supporting evidence documentation before you start the process so that it makes it easier. You can use:
- A copy of the Vehicle Registration Document (V5C)
- Letter of authorisation from employer for a works van
- Vehicle hire agreement form issued by hire company
- Long term lease agreement
- Motability agreement
A copy of the above is required to complete your application. This can be done by attaching a photograph or scan to your application or by posting a copy to PO Box 895, Worcester WR4 9FB.
You should allow up to 10 working days to receive your permits in the post.
- Permits will not be issued for business or trade waste disposal;
- You cannot apply for CVT permits if you are using a borrowed vehicle from a friend or family member; the V5 for the vehicle must be registered at the address for which the permits are requested;
- If you are using a company vehicle a letter of authorisation on official company letter headed stationary from your employer is required.
- Households are permitted up to 12 permits per year (April-March)
- Permits will be issued on a pro-rata basis dependent upon month of application. For example; if you apply in August you will receive 8 permits.
- Each permit allows ONE visit at any time between April and March of that year.
- Existing permits must be returned if any changes are required before replacement permits are issued on a like for like basis.
For further information about the CVT permit scheme and the information you may be required to produce Please read our CVT Permit FAQ's
Other commercial type vehicle examples:
|Vehicle Type||Permit Required?|
|Pickup e.g. Hilux, Ranger, L200||YES|
|Crew Cab Pickup||YES|
|King Cab Pickup||YES|
|Any listed above with hard or soft top over the load bay, with or without windows/vents||YES|
|4x4 / utility vehicle without rear seats and rear side glazing (i.e. panel van or pickup style) e.g. Landrover 110 without rear side windows and rear seats, Hilux with windowed hard shell over load bay||YES|
|Small car-based panel van (i.e. no rear side windows or no rear seats) e.g. Escort van, Astra van||YES|
|Any vehicle clearly used as a commercial vehicle with commercial livery or sign writing, except Taxis. e.g. estate car with 'Jims Plumbing' livery||YES|
|The V5C states the vehicle to be a CAMPER VAN or MINI BUS
The vehicle is actually used as a fully fitted out camper van or mini bus
There is no panelled load compartment
|4x4 / utility vehicle fully glazed with rear seats and no load bay, e.g. Landcruiser, Shogun, Frontera, Range Rover, Land Rover 110 with rear side glazing and rear seats||NO|
Vehicles not allowed:
The following vehicles are not allowed to access any of our Household Recycling Centres
- Any vehicle exceeding 3.5 tonnes
- Double axle trailer
- Tipper vehicles
Unable to apply online?
- Call us on 01905 765765
Does the permit have an expiry date?
- Yes. Permits will expire on 31st March for the financial year in which they are issued and will not be accepted after this date.
Can I take Business Waste to a HRC?
- NO - Business Waste will NOT be accepted at Household Recycling Centres.
You can get advice on how to manage your business waste from your Local Authority or by searching for 'waste management services' online.