Personal budgets and direct payments for adults
Personal budgets give you the choice to choose what support you wish to have. It is the total amount you will receive for your care and support. You will be given an annual personal budget allocation following an assessment. Direct payments is how you can pay for your care and support that is detailed in your plan.
- What are direct payments
- What can direct payments be used for?
- Employing a personal assistant
- Respite and replacement care arrangements
- Should I keep receipts when I have spent direct payments?
- Using a care home agency
- Use direct payments to buy equipment & assistive technology
- What if things change with the services you receive?
- Ending a direct payment
View the following videos for more information on direct payments
Download: Direct Payments fact sheet
Who can I contact for more advice?
You can contact the Adult Contact Team please call 01905 768053.
Offer advice, guidance and practical solutions to enable people with disabilities and older people to live independently in their own homes, to achieve their goals in life and to help them play an active part in their community. For more help with personal budgets and direct payments visit the Penderels Trust website (opens in a new window).