Essential maintenance will be taking place on our payment facility services on Thursday 17th August between 20:00 and 00:00. During this time all Payment Services will be unavailable, though downtime is not expected to exceed 60 minutes during this maintenance window.

Change of Name (Deed Poll)

In the UK anyone can change their name if they want to. However, if you want the new name to be recognised officially, you must register the change.

If you wish to change your name or the name of your child (officially known as Deed Poll), please telephone us on 01905 768181 to make an appointment.

Please read the following information carefully.

  • a Deed Poll cannot be used to change your birth certificate, marriage certificate or decree absolute
  • it is not possible to get permanent records such as past educational certificates changed because these are a "matter of fact" in that they were in the correct name when issued

Registration Offices

We have registration offices across Worcestershire, to find your nearest see our full list of offices and their contact details. Read more.

Terms and Conditions

Worcestershire County Council and Worcestershire Registration Service Terms and Conditions. Read more.

Change of Name (Deed Poll) information RSS feed