The Learning and Development Vocational Assessment Team offer a wide range of vocational nationally accredited qualifications, and will shortly be offering Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Business Administration, Level 2 and 3 in Customer Service.
Some qualifications have set group intakes, while others require learners to commence as and when an assessor has availability.
The current application process for all qualifications involves submitting a nomination form to Jill Hopkins, Vocational Qualifications Administrator, The Learning and Development Vocational Assessment Team in the first instance.
You will be invited to interview and if successful, placed on a waiting list for the next intake or for an available assessor.
Adult services qualifications
Level 2 and Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Both qualifications are competence and knowledge based through a wide range of units. Both qualifications aim to guide and support the development of staff who work in the care sector. It is suitable for confirming competence in the following roles:
- care assistants/ support staff working in residential settings
- healthcare assistants/support workers in the community/ primary care settings/ acute health environments
- care assistants and support workers in domiciliary/ day care/ supported living services
- community based care assistants/ support workers in specialist areas of care such as dementia and learning disabilities
- personal assistants and emerging new types of care and support workers and multidisciplinary health roles that cross traditional service barriers and models of delivery
The qualifications can be completed through 3 different pathways:
- learning disability
Workshops are delivered to supporting learners in achieving both qualifications.
Level 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care
This is a competence and knowledge based qualification specifically designed for staff working in or wishing to progress to the following roles:
- community care/ support officers
- social care assessor
- care assessment officer/ Community care assessment officer
- social services officer/ Social care assistant/ Social work assistant
- brokerage officer
- occupational Therapy/ Physiotherapy Assistant
- rehabilitation/ Reablement/ Independence support assistant
- reablement support worker/ officer
- telecare assistant/ assistive technology co-ordinator/ Officer
The qualification is made up of a range of units at level 3, 4, and 5. Support sessions are held to support learners to achieve their qualification. Learners may progress onto the level 5 qualifications following completion of this qualification should their role support this.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership
This is a knowledge and competence based qualification specifically designed for those who work in health and social care and children and young people’s services. (See the Children and Young People's Services Qualifications for details of the Children's and young People's pathways). The qualification offers three adult pathways:
- Adults Residential Management
- Adult Management
- Adults Advanced Practice
These are aimed at people who are Registered Managers, Managers, Assistant managers, Deputy Managers, Senior care/support workers/supervisors, Co-ordinators and Team leaders. The level 5 serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements for the sector in England.
- Level 2 and Level 3 Diplomas
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health and Social Care
Learning and Development Team Vocational Assessment Centre
- email: LDAdmin@worcestershire.gov.uk
- telephone: 01905 844544