We have become so used to throwing things away without a second thought. However, many items can be used over and over again.
- Turn your old T-shirt into a duster.
- Reuse bags as many times as possible, or why not try a canvas or cotton bag instead?
- Buy or make labels to reuse envelopes and reuse paper for notes or shopping lists!
- Buy and sell second hand items at car boot sales or jumble sales.
- Why not organise ‘swap shops’ or 'swishing' parties to exchange things for free?
- Jam jars can make handy containers for all sorts of things e.g. buttons, paint brushes or even homemade jam or chutney.
- Be crafty and creative, it is amazing what can be made from waste.
- Wherever possible make repairs to damaged items.
- Make money from your unwanted clutter, try adverts in your local shop or newspaper, often it's free to advertise.