If you receive one of the benefits listed below your child may be eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit (for children born after 1st January 2016 and whose parents are on Universal Credit, their household earnings must be less than £15,400 per year)
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (paid for 4 weeks after a family stops qualifying for Working Tax Credits)
Children are also entitled to a free place if:
- they are looked after by Worcestershire County Council
- they have a current Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- they get Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- they have left care under a Special Guardianship Order, Child Arrangements Order or Adoption Order
- they are children of Zambrano Carers whose annual household income is less than £15,400 (* see further information below)
- they are children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) whose annual household income is less than £15,400 (* see further information below)
- they are children of asylum seekers supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (* see further information below)
Families meeting the additional criteria should complete a paper application form and return it, along with any appropriate evidence showing which benefits you receive.
Please post the application form to Two Year Old Funding Team, BPDT, Worcestershire Children First, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP.
Additional criteria further information
* If you believe you qualify for one of the starred reasons, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org , with your contact details so we can discuss your application before you make it.
Before you apply
Please note that we cannot accept online applications for families who meet the additional criteria.