Worcestershire County Council would like to thank all those organisations that contributed to the successful delivery of this project.
Car park charges
The car park payment machines accept both cash and card payment. Parking charges including season tickets are set out below:
- One day: £3.00
- Two days: £6.00
- Three days: £8.00
- Saturday or Sunday day charge: £1.50
- Saturday and Sunday: £3.00
- One week: £11.00
- Month: £40.00
- Annual: £360.00
Bus routes 42, 43, 145 and 318 serve the new railway station.
The new station facilities and better integration with local bus services will make it more attractive for people to use the train to travel between Bromsgrove and Birmingham and Worcester, reducing congestion, carbon emissions and making it easier to access the town. This will make the local area more attractive for businesses and will encourage job creation in the Bromsgrove area.
The new station features:
- A car park with approximately 350 spaces designed to current standards in terms of security, lighting, ticketing, customer facilities and information. Parking charges will be similar to today.
- A modern station building which will include toilets, ticket desk and a retail facility
- Four platforms connected by a covered footbridge and lifts, designed to be fully accessible for all
- Secure covered cycle storage, motor cycle parking, electric car parking and charging points
- Direct access to local bus services through a bus / rail interchange
- A taxi rank and drop off / pick up point
West Midlands Railway and Network Rail continue to work on the proposals to extend the Birmingham Cross City line to Bromsgrove and introduce an additional three trains per hour from Birmingham to Bromsgrove calling at Five Ways, University, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Northfield, Longbridge and Barnt Green. The expectation at the time of writing (Autumn 2016) is that the electric service will commence in May 2018.