Guidelines for good oral health
- brush your teeth twice a day
- floss between your teeth
- cut down on sugar
- brush baby teeth as soon as they come through
- get children into a teeth-cleaning routine
- straighten crooked teeth with braces
- have regular dental check-ups
- don't delay with dental treatments
Where can I find out more?
Oral Health Foundation has more information on how to care for your teeth.
The Change4Life campaign has tips and ideas for cutting down on sugary foods and drinks and has resources to help support a switch to healthier eating and drinking choices.
- website: Change4Life (opens in a new window)
NHS apps to help you to manage and improve your oral health
- for more detailed advice about how to keep your mouth healthy please visit your dentist: Find dentist services (NHS Choices website, opens in a new window)
- easy read: Going to the dentist (NHS Direct Wales website, opens in a new window)