The Worcestershire Local Transport Plan focuses on attracting and supporting economic investment and growth, by delivering transport infrastructure and services to tackle congestion and improve quality of life. The current Local Transport Plan 3 was adopted in February 2011.
Welcome to the Consultation on Worcestershire’s Next Local Transport Plan (LTP4)
In recognition of recent significant political, economic and social change, the Local Transport Plan has been refreshed and updated.
The Corporate Plan 2017-2022 ‘Shaping Worcestershire’s Future’ recognises that the planning, design and delivery of an efficient, affordable and multimodal transport network is essential to achieve its vision of a prosperous Worcestershire. The fourth Local Transport Plan (LTP4) has been developed to set out how investment in transport infrastructure, information and services will achieve this vision.
Our transport networks are the life blood of Worcestershire's economy, providing access to the services and facilities that our residents need to enjoy a high quality of life. Similarly, our businesses rely on these same networks to provide access for employees, the movement of freight, raw materials and finished products.
The LTP4 focuses on delivering improvements to our transport networks and maintaining the highway asset effectively to increase capacity and operational efficiency, as well as improving user access to travel information, which will help to improve journey times and reduce congestion.
We are now inviting you to send your comments and feedback on the plan, whether you are a local resident, a business or a visitor, as these will help to shape the documents.
Please take time to look at the LTP4 documents:
- The Local Transport Plan, which includes the proposed transport investment schemes, grouped into three strategic areas: North East Worcestershire, South Worcestershire and the Wyre Forest
- The Transport Policies, which sets out the various policies which underpin the delivery of the Local Transport Plan
- The Network Management Plan, which sets out Worcestershire's approach to managing its transport networks
- The Strategic Environmental Assessment, (including Appendix A), which is an assessment of the potential environmental impacts of the proposed Local Transport Plan
- The Habitats Regulation Assessment, which assesses the potential impacts on protected habitats of the proposed Local Transport Plan
Alternatively, paper copies of the questionnaire are available in your local library from early January. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a copy in an alternative format.We are organising a number of 'pop-in' events, which are listed below, where you can discuss your thoughts informally with members of the team and collect a business card with the webpage link for the on line questionnaire. Please check after mid January for any further dates and locations.
- 11th January 2017, 10.00am to 12.00pm: Malvern, Waitrose
- 14th January 2017, 10.00am to 12.00pm: Evesham, Riverside shopping centre
- 17th January 2017, 10.00am to 12.00pm: Bromsgrove, Morrison's
- 17th January 2017, 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Droitwich, Waitrose
- 19th January 2017, 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Kidderminster, Tesco
- 25th January 2017, 10.00am to 12.00pm: Pershore, Town Hall
- 26th January 2017, 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Redditch, Kingfisher Centre
- 30th January 2017, 10.00am to 12.00pm: Worcester, ASDA
- 7th February 2017, 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Morrisons, Malvern
- 8th February 2017, 2.00pm to 4.00pm: Tescos, Warndon, Worcester
The consultation runs until 17 March 2017.
Thank you for participating in this consultation.
The finalised plan will be submitted to the Cabinet in summer 2017, for formal adoption.