On your Feet Britain is Back!Published: Monday, 25th February 2019
On 26th April 2019, Get Britain Standing in association with Active Working are asking the nation to unite against prolonged office sitting by taking on the challenge to get on their feet.
- Run a lunchtime fitness workshop for the office.
- An alert will sound at random times and everyone must stand up when it does. A fine for those caught napping.
- Take regular breaks from your computer, stand up, stretch and walk around the office. Ignore the bemused looks.
- Make phone calls standing up.
- Use the stairs.
- Have standing or walking meetings.
- Have one less chair than people at meetings.
- Get everyone to move around with each new agenda item.
- Ban internal emails. Everyone must walk to colleagues to discuss work. Be prepared that some people may have aged - depending on how long you’ve left it.
- organise a lunchtime walk. Walk to work, or get off a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way.
To find out more visit http://onyourfeetday.com/britain/challenge