New campaign launch: encouraging people to make a healthy change in 2021Published: Wednesday, 6th January 2021
Better Health, Let's Do This Healthy changes in 2021
COVID-19 has affected the whole country; for almost everyone, life has had to fundamentally change. But it has also prompted many people to reflect and think more seriously about their health. Capitalising on this opportunity to inspire healthy changes across the nation, Public Health England first launched the Better Health campaign in July and encouraged the nation to eat better and get more active.
January 2021 offers another unique opportunity to motivate, galvanise and encourage adults to make a positive change in 2021, at a time when new research reveals that eight in ten adults plan to make at least one change to their health and wellbeing in 2021.
Therefore Public Health England are running a new Better Health campaign activity, showing the public simple steps they can take to help them feel better:
- End of December 2020 saw the start of targeted quit smoking activity, including radio and social media advertising.
- Monday 4 January sees the start of overarching messaging which looks to support adults with losing weight, getting more active, improving their mental health or quitting smoking. The campaign will run on TV, Video On Demand, radio, targeted Out of Home, social media and search.
- A specific obesity strand of the campaign will launch on Friday 8 January, until the end of February.
- In mid-January, we’ll launch the final phase of the campaign focusing on mental wellbeing. The Better Health - Every Mind Matters campaign will empower the nation to look after their mental health and wellbeing. This part of the campaign will feature PR, radio and social media advertising.
In addition to the resources already created for the launch of Better Health, Public Health England have made a range of new resources available to help encourage people to make a change. These include:
- The new inspiring TV ad.
- Social media images and animations.
- A suite of resources specifically focused on smoking cessation, based on the successful Stoptober creative.
All these can be downloaded from the Public Health England Campaign Resource Centre - https://campaignresources.phe.gov.uk/resources