Social Work Academy
Welcome to the Social Work Academy
All Social Workers employed by Worcestershire County Council and Worcestershire Children First will benefit from support from the Social Work Academy.
The team are passionate about supporting all frontline practitioners throughout their career, with their professional development and practice. All our work is linked to facilitating practitioners to achieve the best outcomes for children, families, and adults in Worcestershire.
Support from internal social work recruitment team with opportunities to develop your career within Worcestershire and transition across the service.
Social Workers benefit from a range of CPD Opportunities linked to practice themes both internally and from The West Midlands Social Work Teaching Partnership and Research in Practice.
“Research In Practice is an invaluable tool for developing knowledge that can be used in practice. There are a variety of sources from webinars, research papers and online training. I love how the online training incorporates time to go through materials before the session and how the materials support your learning” - Newly Qualified Social Worker
The Social Work Academy includes:
- Practice Educator offer including Communities of Practice
- NQSW offer including action learning sets
- Student offer including forums and drop in sessions
- CPD Offer, including access to a variety of opportunities and surgeries
- Leadership and management development pathway
- Working towards co-production
- Collaborative working with local Higher Education Institutions and Universities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Access to wellbeing and resilience sessions