Preparing for adulthood
Here you can find information about what support is available to help you on your journey into adulthood.
If you are between the ages of 14 and 25 you may be thinking about your future, what might happen when you leave school or college and how you can be as independent as you want to be?
Here you can find information about what support is available to help you on your journey into adulthood, for example:
- further education - what courses you might like to study
- getting a job - what type of job you might like and how to get it
- living on your own including where you would like to live
- having friends and supportive relationships
- become part of the local community
- living healthily
What support is available to me?
Education, training and employment
It can be difficult to know what to do when you leave school but there are lots of options for young people with SEND. Here you can find out more information about different the options and support available.
Housing and support options
When preparing to live independently, getting as much advice and guidance as possible to help you make the right choice is crucial.
My journey into adulthood
Some young people with additional needs will need extra support to do things that are important to them in adult life.