As the school year officially finishes this week, Worcestershire Children First and Worcestershire County Council would like to thank staff and students for going above and beyond this year.
As the school year officially finishes this week, Worcestershire Children First and Worcestershire County Council would like to thank staff and students for going above and beyond during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The vast majority of the county’s schools have remained open in some capacity to educate the children of critical workers and the most vulnerable in the county.
Recent figures show that nearly 18% of the total school population have been attending school since the wider re-opening.
Figures for attendance and number of schools open for all relevant age groups have remained consistently above the national average here in Worcestershire.
Over 200 schools reported to be open to all available year groups in Worcestershire last week.
Catherine Driscoll, Chief Executive at Worcestershire Children First, said: “I’d like to thank our staff and our students for their fantastic and unwavering dedication during this pandemic. It has been great to hear positive feedback from staff and students about their experiences since they have returned to school. Everyone involved in the preparation of the return to school worked so hard to make it all come together in Worcestershire, and this pandemic whilst it has been challenging has given us some really rewarding moments too.”
Councillor Marcus Hart, Worcestershire County Council’s Cabinet Member with responsibility for Education and Skills, said: “As we approach the end of this academic year, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of the headteachers, college leaders and early years leaders for their continued hard work, support and dedication to the children and young people of Worcestershire.
I have seen first-hand from my recent visits to schools the work and preparation that has gone in to help make the return to school as smooth as possible and have heard positive feedback from staff and students about their experiences and how they have adapted to the Coronavirus pandemic.”
Primary schools were officially re-opened to students in reception and years 1 and 6, on Monday 1st June.
Secondary schools have been open across the county for years 10 and 12 from Monday 15th June.
The planning is firmly underway as the county prepares to welcome all pupils back in September.