A Great Day Out at Hartlebury
"Hartlebury is really great. There’s so much to see and do” KS1 teacher
A visit to the County Museum at Hartlebury is a step back in time for learners of all ages. Through role-play and immersive learning, pupils can discover over 1000 years of history in this castle location and intriguing stories of Worcestershire’s past.
Whether it’s a lesson with the school teacher in the Victorian Schoolroom, or meeting the servants in the Scullery, children will find out first-hand what life was really like in historic Worcestershire. From costume to caravans, travel to toys there is something for all ages to explore.
Schools Activities at The County Museum
We offer the following topics for schools. Please bear in mind that these sessions are guidelines but can be adapted to suit your pupils' ages and SEN requirements or to suit your educational programme.
- Victorian Schoolroom - Experience a typical school day in our Victorian schoolroom
- Below Stairs - Discover what life would have been like for the servants working in a large Victorian house
- Toys Through Time - A hands-on activity comparing toys today and toys in the past
- Classroom at War - An opportunity for children to experience a day in the life of a Wartime evacuee
- Make Do and Mend - Discover what life was like for children during World War Two
- Homes Long Ago - A hands-on activity comparing our homes today and homes in the past
- We're going on a shapes hunt - a chance to explore the museum's collection of historic Gypsy caravans
Bringing the Museum to You
If you aren't able to get to the County Museum at Hartlebury for the day, you can still access the county collection through loans boxes or find out more about how we can create the experience of a Museum in Your Classroom.
Plan Your Visit
Contact the museum to check availability on your preferred date, we can provide an outline of museum admission and activity costs as well as details of the workshops on offer. Free preliminary visits for teachers are available and highly recommended.
You can find out more about the museum, general facilities, accessibility and directions on the Visit the County Museum page.
How to book
For more information, to discuss or make a booking for the County Museum at Hartlebury contact Su Vale, Learning and Resources Assistant on 01299 250416 or email email@example.com. See our full location details.