The LifeCurve™ provides an assessment of how well you’re ageing, and provides suggestions on how you can maintain your physical ability, or even recover abilities.
The LifeCurve™ can be accessed via the Worcestershire LifeCurve™ website or the LifeCurve™ app.
Use the LifeCurve™ to answer some questions about your daily tasks and activities to get the right advice and personalised solutions.
How to access the LifeCurve™
- Go to the Worcestershire LifeCurve website
- Click the ‘Sign in or register’ button
- Click ‘Sign up with ADL Passport’ in the ‘Don’t have an account’ section
- Enter your details, create a password and press ‘create account’
- You will then be sent to the home page of the website
- Complete your registration by selecting the ‘Sign in or register’ button
- Click ‘Sign in with ADL Passport’
This completes the registration, and you should be redirected to the ‘Select a Profile’ page where you can create and choose profiles to move on to the LifeCurveTM Assessment.
- you will receive an email to confirm and verify your account
- email addresses are used to secure the account
Mary, age 74 broke her ankle last year and received course of physio and needed further support. She used to be a carer and had been physically active until she broke her ankle last year. Mary heard about the exercise programme via Worcester Community Trust’s “Meet and Eat”.
“My experience has been great, really enjoyed working on the LifeCurve exercises in groups and loved the community feeling.
I originally struggled to use the app on my tablet as it was really small. Having the iPad in the centre has really helped.
Once the access has been achieved, it is a good programme. It’s helped me to compare my health to others of my own age and it’s good to discover that I am doing well for my age.
The exercises are helpful for me to do on my own in my own time. I have also learnt how to save my tasks”.
The collection of personal data is covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which sets out clear rules for organisations holding personal information and the rights of individuals whose personal information is held by them.
We have developed our systems and processes to ensure that we comply or exceed with these standards and obligations.