Children's guides to being in foster care
These guides provide information for children and young people about being in foster care. They also provide contact details for other people who can help.
- Younger Children's guide to being in foster care (PDF)
- Older Children and young people's guide to being in foster care (PDF)
Statement of purpose
The Statement of purpose outlines our aims and objectives; the way we recruit, approve, train and support foster carers; the diversity of our fostering service; staffing and management structure of the fostering service.
Foster Carer Handbook
The Foster carer handbook provides information and guidance on every element of being a foster carer.
The foster carer handbook is made up of the fostering and kinship policies, procedures and guidance.
Policies related to Fostering and Kinship Carers
- Assessment and approval of kinship carers (PDF)
- Financial support to foster carers (PDF)
- Fostering recruitment and assessment (PDF)
- Guidance for foster carers on recording (PDF)
- Health and safety for foster carers (PDF)
- Payment for skills (PDF)
- Post approval - Annual reviews and resignations (PDF)
- Post approval - Supervision and support of foster carers (PDF)
- Smoking and vaping (PDF)
- Unannounced visits (PDF)
- Whistle blowing policy (PDF)
- Worcestershire Children First Fostering Learning & Development Policy (PDF)
Policies related to children
- Bedroom sharing (PDF)
- Children missing from foster care (PDF)
- Countering bullying (PDF)
- Making Placements – Matching Children to Fostering Households (PDF)
- Promoting educational achievement for looked after children (PDF)
- Promoting positive behaviour (PDF)
- Promoting the health of looked after children (PDF)
- Safer care for Internet and Social Media policy (PDF)
- Safer caring (PDF)
- Why children become looked after and the roles and responsibilities of the professionals involved (PDF)