Improvement works are set to start on Market Place, Redditch in February 2021, as part of the Council’s wider Town Centre Improvement Programme.
The works on Market Place will link in with previous improvement works that took place in 2017 on Alcester Street and Church Green East.
Key components of the scheme
- replacement of central drainage channel on Evesham Walk
- full refresh of paving at the junction of Evesham Walk and Market Place
- full refresh of paving down Market Place into Mercian Square
- link in with previous improvement works.
- improve street aesthetics
- improve footfall and time spent on the street
- encourage the use of non-vehicular transport
- improve safety for all users