Here2 Help Business: Kickstart Scheme
The Kickstart Scheme is a fabulous way to integrate young people into your company. Due to the current climate, there is a pool of talent who are unemployed and looking for work. Using the Kickstart Scheme is a great way for you to access this talent and equally, gives a fantastic opportunity to somebody who is young and unemployed. Aimed initially at 16 to 24 year olds, a 6 month placement (where you provide them with additional skills and experience) can help kickstart a young person’s career.
What’s on offer for my company?
- you’ll get £1,500 per placement;this is for wraparound support to help improve the young person’s employability skills and any set up costs; this is paid within the first week of you employing the young person
- the funding covers wages for 25 hours a week at the national minimum wage; this will be reimbursed to you each month (one month in arrears)
- a young employee to start at your company, supporting you and your business
Can I apply?
To be eligible to apply for the Kickstart Scheme there is some basic criteria you must meet:
- registered with Companies House or have a Charity Registration Number; the scheme is looking to be able to utilise Sole Traders and PLC’s but, for the time being they are not eligible
- not fill a pre-existing role; the role must be a new role
- not reduce the hours of existing employers to accommodate for the scheme
- provide a minimum of 25 hours a week, at the national minimum wage, for that young person’s age group; for more information please visit GOV.UK - National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates (opens in a new window)
- the young person only requires basic training to start their placement
How to apply?
We appreciate your interest in our services, however Worcestershire County Council are currently not accepting any additional employers.
Alternatively, you can submit a Kickstart Scheme application through an alternative gateway, or apply direct. Please find links below for these options:
- Apply for a Kickstart Scheme grant through a Kickstart gateway - GOV.UK (opens in new window)
- Apply online for a Kickstart Scheme grant - GOV.UK (opens in new window)
Kickstart Scheme applications close at midday on 17 December 2021
For further information on the Kickstart Scheme closure, please visit Kickstart Scheme closure - GOV.UK (opens in new window)