Here2 Help Business: Kickstart Scheme
The Kickstart Scheme is a fabulous way to integrate young people into your company. Due to the current climate, there is a pool of talent who are unemployed and looking for work. Using the Kickstart Scheme is a great way for you to access this talent and equally, gives a fantastic opportunity to somebody who is young and unemployed. Aimed initially at 16 to 24 year olds, a 6 month placement, where you provide them with additional skills and experience, can help kickstart a young person’s career.
What’s on offer for my company?
- you’ll get £1,500 per placement;this is for wraparound support to help improve the young person’s employability skills and any set up costs; this is paid within the first week of you employing the young person
- the funding covers wages for 25 hours a week at the national minimum wage; this will be reimbursed to you each month (one month in arrears)
- a young employee to start at your company, supporting you and your business
Can I apply?
To be eligible to apply for the Kickstart Scheme there is some basic criteria you must meet:
- registered with Companies House or have a Charity Registration Number; the scheme is looking to be able to utilise Sole Traders and PLC’s but, for the time being they are not eligible
- not fill a pre-existing role; the role must be a new role
- not reduce the hours of existing employers to accommodate for the scheme
- provide a minimum of 25 hours a week, at the national minimum wage, for that young person’s age group; for more information please visit GOV.UK - National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates (opens in a new window)
- the young person only requires basic training to start their placement
How to apply?
Kickstart is a great opportunity for you the employer and the employee, if you would like to register your interest:
We aim to get back to you within three working days.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the scheme's terms and conditions please visit GOV.UK - Kickstart Scheme terms and conditions (opens in a new window).