Here2Help Business: Agriculture and horticulture business grants
A limited number of capital grants of between £2,000 and £10,000 (50% match funded) are available to provide support for Worcestershire agricultural and horticultural businesses to increase mechanisation on agricultural holdings.
The fund will support new and innovative investments in technology, rather than purchase of standard equipment. Examples of the types of projects that could be supported include:
- equipment and machinery to improve the efficiency of the use of energy, water, fertiliser and other direct inputs
- equipment and machinery to reduce impacts on soils reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- investments to improve the management of slurry and manures to reduce the reliance on artificial fertilisers and improve the nutrient management of soils
- investments to mechanise production, increase productivity and help reduce harvest losses
- investment in equipment, technologies or processes to develop new or higher quality agri-food products
- construction or conversion of buildings to be used for processing activities
- food processing projects investing in equipment, technologies or processes to reduce waste
Eligible applicants must be:
- operating within Worcestershire and have a Worcestershire business address
- horticultural producers
- private businesses
- micro and small processing businesses
Businesses from the agriculture sector may only apply for the Agriculture and horticulture grant and are not eligible to apply for other grants available under the Here2Help Business programme.
How to apply
Please download the expression of interest form (Word document), once you have completed the form, please forward it to Sustain&Grow@Worcestershire.gov.uk.