Health and Wellbeing
Connect, Engage, Participate
Supporting the health and wellbeing of local people and communities through services that inform, engage and connect.
Enrol on a health and wellbeing course
Adult and family learning courses are now being delivered digitally to support health and wellbeing. Courses such as Mind Matters and Tai Chi online are available to book online
Visit our digital library
For a variety of ways to keep your mind active. From reading e-books to researching your family history, we have plenty to support, maintain and improve your health and wellbeing.
Download titles from our Reading Well collection – books endorsed by health professionals and supported by public libraries, helping individuals to understand and manage their health and wellbeing, using self-help reading.
- Reading Well for Adults – Covering general mental health, dementia and long-term health conditions.
- Reading well for Young People – Shelf help for young people aged 13-18 years with issues such as bullying, low self-esteem and exam anxiety.
- Reading Well for Children – Aimed at supporting the health and wellbeing of children aged 7-11 years.
Stay Connected - Join our Digital Readers Groups
- Worcestershire Digital Readers Group for Adults – A dedicated Facebook group for adult library members to share and discuss titles available to borrow from our Digital Library with borrowbox. Runs monthly.
- Worcestershire Digital Readers Group for Young Adults - A dedicated Facebook group for young adult library members aged 13-17 years to share and discuss titles available to borrow from our Digital Library with borrowbox. Runs monthly.
Worcestershire Libraries are hosting a series of free online Bubbles providing opportunities for residents to meet safely online with like-minded people and have some fun during lockdown and beyond.
Join us online via Zoom where our knowledgeable and friendly library staff will be on hand as you connect with others to explore a wide range of activities from knitting to poetry and from art to crime novels or photography. Here’s a list of just some of our Bubbles to choose from:
- board games bubble
- crime book bubble
- photography bubble
- woolly bubble
- cultural exchange bubble
- art bubble
- poetry bubble
- children’s book bubble
- plus more
Why not give one (or more) of them a try! Please visit the Worcestershire Libraries Eventbrite page (opens in a new window) to check dates, times and availability for all our Bubbles.
Do you have a passion? Local history, gardening, paper crafts or vegan cooking? We welcome suggestions from anyone interested in setting up or being supported to set up their own library Bubble on different topics; please just get in touch email librariesHQ@worcestershire.gov.uk
If you’re using Zoom for the first time why not book a free 1-1 session with one of our Digital Champions and learn the basics of how to set up your own Zoom account and then confidently use Zoom to chat to family and friends online. You will need a device (phone, tablet or laptop) and an internet connection. Book a place here: Worcestershire Libraries - Zoom 1-1 sessions (opens in a new window)
Enjoy our events and activities online
Visit our Digital Events page for details of forthcoming events and activities for all age groups.
Additional resources available online
- Here2Help - Worcestershire County Council’s dedicated coronavirus community support website.
- Worcestershire County Council Health & Wellbeing - Public Health advice and guidance
- Mind: Coronavirus and your wellbeing.
- Children's Commissioner: The children's guide to Coronavirus
- Emerging Minds: Advice for parents and carers.
- Young Minds: What to do if you're anxious about Coronavirus.
Keeping Fit and Active
- Home Workouts for Seniors: Two different workouts for seniors at home from Joe Wicks.
- NHS Fitness Studio: Choose from 24 online exercise videos to keep you moving.
- P.E. with Joe: Daily P.E. Lessons from Joe Wicks
- Sport England: How to stay active while you're at home.
- Wriggle at Home: Bite-sized creative dance sessions for families.
General Health & Wellbeing
- Age UK - Get information on age-related health conditions, tips and advice on staying fit and healthy, as well as information on dealing with health services and leaving hospital.
- Alzheimers Society – Leading Dementia charity – Support and guidance for anyone affected by dementia.
- National Dementia Action Alliance: The alliance of over 100 national organisations across England who connect, share best practice and take action on Dementia
- NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19): The latest information and advice from the NHS.
- NHS Live Well: Advice, tips and tools to help you make the right choices about your health and wellbeing.