Apply for coronavirus testing
It is important for you to have a contingency plan for your care needs, if you need support to do this or have specific queries about your care and support, please contact the Adult Social Care Contact Team: - 01905 768053 - you will be redirected to the appropriate team as appropriate or email: AdultTeam@worcestershire.gov.uk.
Key messages and some questions and answers about personal assistants eligible for vaccination as part of national priority group two - frontline adult social care workers. Download the Key messages and some questions and answers about personal assistants eligible for vaccination (PDF).
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: people receiving direct payments from GOV.UK (opens in a new window)
- Using direct payments during the coronavirus outbreak: full guidance for people receiving direct payments and personal assistants from GOV.UK (opens in a new window)
Penderels Direct Payment Support Service
Pendereles offers direct dayment information, advice and support if you employ personal assistants or care givers. Penderels are also able to help you with recruitment of Personal Assistants’ or caregivers both on a temporary or permanent basis.
Please note that as an employer you can provide confirmation to your personal assistant’s or caregivers to state that they are ‘keyworkers’. This may make it quicker for PA’s or caregivers to complete shopping for you at supermarkets, as they can show the letter. Advice on template letters can be found by contacting the Penderels Worcestershire branch.
COVID-19 information from Penderels
Please visit the Penderels Trust website (opens in a new window).
Penderels Worcestershire branch - contact details
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone number: 01299 253225
- website: Worcestershire branch - Penderels Trust (opens in a new window)
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
If you are a direct payment recipient, and/or a personal assistant or an unpaid carer, you are eligible for free PPE, you can either complete our online form or contact us via email:
- online form: WCC PPE and Sanitiser Request Form (opens in a new window)
- email: CV19Logistics@worcestershire.gov.uk
Please highlight your current situation and PPE requirements and we will aim to assist. A typical pack of PPE would last 3 months.
The following groups can get free PPE from us:
- domestic violence refuges
- education (and childcare) services
- local authority services (including children’s and adult social workers)
- mental health community care
- personal assistants
- personal health budgets
- rough sleeping services
- unpaid carers
- unregulated providers