Test and trace support payment

A new £500 lump sum self-isolation support payment has been set up to help people on low incomes who are unable to work from home if they are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and will lose income as a result.

If you test positive for Coronavirus or have been identified as a contact by NHS Test and Trace, you must now self-isolate by law. 

Website: Self-isolation and when you need to do this

Worcestershire residents are now able to check their eligibility and apply by visiting their local district council website and filling in the application form.

To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must meet all of the following criteria and be in receipt of one or more listed benefits:

You have been were asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who tested positive

  • you are employed or self-employed
  • you are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
  • you have been asked to self isolate on or after 28 September and
  • are currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit

To complete your application, you must provide

  • a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (this will include a Unique ID number)
  • proof of receipt of one of the qualifying benefits
  • a bank statement (showing the account details where the payment will be made)   
  • proof of employment, or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact

Please submit your application to your local district council

Website: Bromsgrove (opens in a new window)

Website: Malvern Hills (opens in a new window) - Malvern and Upton on Severn

Website: Redditch (opens in a new window)

Website: Worcester City (opens in a new window)

Website: Wychavon (opens in a new window) - Evesham, Droitwich and Pershore

Website: Wyre Forest (opens in a new window) - Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn and Bewdley