COVID-19 (coronavirus) advice for care providers, care homes, day centres, domiciliary care and personal assistants

Guidance for all care providers


Guidance from the GOV.UK

Visit GOV.UK COVID-19: guidance for residential care, supported living and home care (opens in a new window)

Where can I get help with supplies of PPE?

Care Providers should continue to purchase PPE from their normal commercial suppliers. Where this is not possible the County Council is able to support all providers who have urgent PPE needs.

If you are a small care provider (care homes with 24 beds or fewer and home care with 99 clients or fewer) and are registered with CQC you may receive an email invite to register with the PPE National Portal.

Details of what the PPE National Portal will do can be found at GOV.UK - PPE portal: how to order emergency personal protective equipment (opens in a new window).

The County Council will continue to support all providers who have urgent PPE needs and they are unable to purchase from commercial suppliers.

Guidance on payments

Please see the Adult Services Provider Portal page for information on payments.

Guidance on invoicing

Our expectation is that in most cases direct payment recipients should continue to pay providers for services, as per the Council’s own position, and we would therefore advise you to continue invoicing your clients.

Advice if the routine supply of temperature covers for Braun thermometers has been interrupted

If the routine supply of temperature covers for the Braun thermometers has been interrupted, please contact the manufacturer to see if they advise a method of decontamination if the ear piece is not available or if you can order ear piece covers directly from them, due to risk of inadvertent infection spread of any type of organism.