Ensure a prepared care home
Reduce people from entering the building with COVID-19 (coronavirus) symptoms which include:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- display a poster at front entrance
- recorded message on phone
- message on the home website with basic information and expectation of visitors
- clear information on people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be found at NHS - Stay at home advice (opens in a new window)
- website: GOV.UK - COVID-19: guidance for social or community care and residential settings (opens in a new window)
Promote good hand hygiene practices.
Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol hand rub before entering and leaving the home.
For more information please download the following posters:
Download: Alcohol handrub hand hygiene technique
Display the ‘Catch it; bin it; kill it’ poster.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Download: Catch it Kill it Bin it poster
Advise staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus) not to come to work and follow current guidance at GOV.UK - Stay at home advice (opens in a new window).
All the posters and other guidance documents are available at the COVID-19 (coronavirus) advice for care providers documents (opens in a new window) page.
For general information and updates please visit the Coronavirus page.