On this page you will find information on what you need to know before you apply for scaffolding licence.
How long does the application process take?
Applications should be submitted in good time - applications will be reviewed on typical working days (Mondays to Fridays).
The cost of the licence is £60 per week, and £40 for subsequent weeks, payable by credit or debit card.
There is an additional £15 urgency surcharge (within 2 days) for urgent structure applications.
- failure to obtain the necessary permissions may result in fines/enforcement action being taken against you
- if the time required needs to be extended then the request should be submitted in good time before any granted permission expires
- information supplied when you submit your application may be included in any Public Notices issued about the works and will appear on Worcestershire roadworks map
- if for any reason we need to check any information submitted we may need to contact you for clarification - please see the Council's Privacy Notice for further information about how we use your information
Before you start your application
For your application you will need to:
- provide a description of the works to be carried out and the location details
- upload copies of your up to date Public Liability Insurance certificate and possibly your Employee Liability Insurance if you are a contractor who directly employs operatives
- agree to our Terms and Conditions
- pay online on submission
- have your login details in hand - if your organisation has already applied for permits or licences such as road closures, skips etc. via our online systems, your organisation should already have an account, however, if your organisation does not have yet an account, please go to Create a company account page