On this page you will find information on what is Section 184 licence and the guidance documents to help you with the application form.
A Section 184 license (Highways Act 1980) requires a developer to obtain a license from the Highway Authority for the construction of a temporary vehicular access relating to a new development, which then become incorporated into a Section 278 or combined Section 278/38 Agreement.
If you would like to apply for a 184 licence, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Read our guidance documents
We have written detailed guidance documents on Section 184 licence which you may find useful:
- Highways Specification document (PDF)
- Worcestershire County Council Standard Details Part 1 document (PDF)
- Worcestershire County Council Standard Details Part 2 document (PDF)
Step 2: Apply
The form sets out the details and information required to enable us to process the application.
Send the application form with the required documents to: HighwayTechSub@worcestershire.gov.uk or alternatively to the following address: Section 38/278 Technician, Network Control, Worcestershire County Council, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP
Commencement on site will only be permitted when:
- the license is signed
- all technical details have been approved
- all necessary fees have been paid
- street work permits are in place for the work
For further information regarding Section 184 licences, please email HighwayTechSub@worcestershire.gov.uk or call 01905 844053.