Are you a professional and worried about child?

Child at immediate risk

If you believe that a child or young person is at immediate risk from harm contact the Police:

  • telephone: 999

If you want to refer a child or young person to Children's social care in an emergency please contact the Family Front Door.

Staff are available Monday to Thursday from  9.00am to 5.00pm and Fridays from 9.00am to 4.30pm.

For assistance out of office hours (weekdays and all day at weekends and bank holidays):

If the concern is not immediate use our online form to raise the concern

Before you complete the form do you have consent?

All professionals must get parental consent when referring to another organisation for assessment or services where the referral is not in relation to child protection. This consent must be sought for each referral to any organisation that a professional makes for a child or their family.

Professionals must be clear to parents and carers or those with parental responsibility and young people about which agencies they wish to refer the child or family to and which individuals within the family are the subjects of the referral  Their consent must be sought verbally or in writing and recorded.

When is consent not needed?

Consent should not be sought if doing so places a person at risk of significant harm or serious harm or would cause unjustified delay in making enquiries into significant harm or would prejudice the prevention, detection or prosecution of a serious crime, This would raise child protection concerns and should be referred immediately to Children's Social Care by telephone 01905 822666 or out of office hours telephone 01905 768020.

Do you have an account to access our professionals portal?

If you have a professional portal account you can follow the links below. By having an account you are able to complete referral forms and save your progress as you go along. This means you can come back later to complete your work.

Register for a professional portal account

If you do not have a professionals portal account

You don't need to have a professionals portal account to complete a referral form. You may be a professional from another authority that needs to make a referral to Worcestershire Children's Social Care.

Need some help completing the referral form?

This video will give you a step by step guide on how to complete the referral from.