Try out and test our new website!

Resolving disagreements, mediation and complaints (SEND Local Offer)

If you have a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability these pages outline what you can do if you disagree with a decision made by a professional, regardless of whether your child has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.

This includes your local authority (LA), your child’s school or other educational setting, local health, social care or other services.

If your disagreement is with your LA or Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) about your Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan (or matters relating to it) and you are considering appealing to the SEND Tribunal there is an independent mediation service available. Details about this service can be found in Mediation.