Case Progression Officer
Purpose of role
The role of Case Progression Officer is to embed consistent and positive practice in respect of children who are subject to Public Law Outline (PLO) and Care Proceedings. This is an essential role to secure good outcomes for children; this role will be responsible for driving good practice and quality assurance.
The Case Progression Officer will work with front line team managers, Social Workers, the local authority legal department, and with agencies across the Family Justice System, to drive improvement through quality assuring, monitoring, measuring and tracking progression of court related cases and costs incurred by all agencies to gain a view of whole system effectiveness.
To attain this role you will
- be Social Work England (SWE) registered
- hold a relevant Social Work qualification
- have significant experience and have expertise in Court Work
Key knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this role
- extensive knowledge and application of the Public Law Outline and the conduct of Court Cases
- extensive experience in completing assessments and making recommendations on how those needs can be met
- experience of Quality Assuring written work and providing feedback verbally and in writing
- significant knowledge of legislation and regulation guidance relevant to your role and experience of working in frontline Children's Services
- strong written and verbal skills and experience of mentoring/supporting less experienced Social Workers
- this specialist role is equivalent to a Team Manager position to enable challenge and escalation where appropriate