Purpose of role
Practice Lead roles are a specialist function in respect of Kinship Services and Child Sexual Exploitation and Missing children. Practice Leaders have their practice recognised as exemplary in their specific area of expertise; they provide leadership and professional wisdom to their colleagues and other professionals for work in situations of high complexity.
They contribute to the development of knowledge and promotion of excellence in their field using evidence-informed practice.
To attain this role you will
- have significant experience
- hold a BA/BSc/MA in Social Work (or equivalent)
- be Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
Key knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this role
- to be able to model the Social Work role, promote Social Work and decision-making within and outside the organisation
- to model and demonstrate professionalism, ensure professional Social Work standards are maintained throughout your area of responsibility
- to foster and support an environment that promotes learning and practice development within the work place
- to support in identifying and working in collaboration to resolve concerns about practice, following procedures as appropriate
- to contribute to the development and implementation of procedures that are fit for purpose, enhance best practice and contribute to better outcome