Principle Social Worker
Purpose of role
Take a professional lead across the organisation, and have a responsibility for supporting and advising on the quality of practice. They use their knowledge and skills to inform the wider functions of the organisation, beyond social work and 'social care' boundaries. They will liaise and develop professional networks locally, regionally and nationally to identify and influence practice improvements.
Promote the highest standards of Social Work practice and performance by embedding evidence based practice and research in social work practice. Interpret developments in practice and lead the implementation of service improvements.
To attain this role you will
- hold a BA/BSc/MA in Social Work (or equivalent)
- be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
Key knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this role
- model good management oversight by taking professional responsibility for the provision of a high quality service
- to hold a significant amount of experience in Social Work practice and to have shown consistency and commitment to improving outcomes for children
- take a professional lead across the organisation and take responsibility for supporting and advising on the quality of practice
- to take responsibility for identifying and responding appropriately to new initiatives and changes in legislation and government policy pertaining to local authority Social Work