Try out and test our new website!

Mental health support for adults

On this page you can find links to help available nationally and in Worcestershire.

What to do if you need mental health support

If you or someone you know is in immediate risk of physical harm because of a mental health emergency, phone 999 or visit your local A&E. You can also contact the Samaritans:

If you feel you’re having mental or emotional difficulties, there’s lots of support out there for you:

  • speak to your GP, they will be able to talk to you and help you find the right support
  • get support on the phone, you can call the NHS for free on 111 for non-emergency advice and health questions
  • contact one of the following organisations:

Worcestershire Wellbeing Hub is an information and signposting service for people over the age of 16 who are experiencing low mood, anxiety or stress, and feel that they would benefit from support from local community providers

Worcestershire Healthy Minds supports people, aged 16 and over, who are experiencing problems such as stress, anxiety, low mood and depression. They help people improve their mental wellbeing through a range of interventions such as short courses, talking therapies, and self-help information.

Qwell: Free, safe and anonymous mental wellbeing support for adults across the UK

National mental health services: you can also find advice and speak to someone about mental health at one of these national organisations:

NHS support

Men's Health Forum

Parents with postnatal depression: Many parents experience postnatal depression after having a baby. It's a common problem, affecting more than 1 in every 10 women within a year of giving birth. It can also affect fathers and partners, although this is less common. It's important to seek help as soon as possible.

Lifestyle Advisor service can help you make positive changes to your lifestyle that can improve your mental health and wellbeing.

Social care mental health services for adults 18 years old and over: if you need Adult Social Care services due to your complex mental health condition call 01905 768053.


Other useful links

Bereavement support

Loneliness and isolation

Suicide prevention

Privacy notice

Read the Council’s Adult Mental Health Services Privacy Notice