Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations where relevant to the individual and/or their care provision. These include but are not limited to:
- other Worcestershire County Council LA Teams (Family Front Door, Virtual School, Schools Finance, Schools Transport, Social Care, Adult Social Care, Targeted Youth Support and relevant Services commissioned out to Babcock Prime ( Educational Psychology, Specialist Teaching support Services for Hearing and Visual Impairment or with Complex Communication Needs/Autism, Admissions, Early Years, Education Access, Free School Meals, Children Missing Education Team; Children not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET) team and the Elective Home Education Team)
- Police and Youth Justice Services in Worcestershire and other areas (if moving in or leaving Worcestershire)
- other LA SEN Teams (if moving in or leaving Worcestershire)
- any previous/current/possible transitioning Early Years provider/School/Post 16 Provider
- The National Health Service Trust
- other health professionals
- other external professionals
- Worcestershire County Council ICT service providers
- The Department for Education (DfE)
- The Education and Skills Funding Agency (EFSA)
- mediation provider/ SEND Tribunal / Legal Representatives/ SENDIASS
- panel members from other educational settings in Worcestershire
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about children/young people to the Department for Education (DfE) for the school census and the SEN2 statutory return.
To ensure personal information is kept safe we have the following controls in place:
- the information will not be used for any purpose other than those stated in this notice
- the information will be held within secure systems/locations, with appropriate levels of security, that comply with relevant data protection legislation
- the information will only be shared for lawful purposes and with an appropriate level of security that complies with relevant data protection legislation
- the information will not be hold for longer than is necessary, after which it will be securely destroyed; in line with Worcestershire County Council’s Retention Policy
- the information will be processed in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 legislation and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.