Your information rights
You have the right to request the Council take action to fulfil your rights. We will seek to comply with your request wherever possible. However, action may be restricted or refused in certain circumstances, for example where we are required to hold, retain, or process personal data to comply with a legal obligation or as a public task and the Council may not be able to comply with some requests received.
You have the right to:
- be informed about what we do with your data
- access to the information we hold about you
- request rectification of any information about you that is incorrect
- request records we hold about you are erased or "forgotten", depending on the service and legal basis
- restrict processing of your personal information if you have an objection to that processing, whilst your objection is investigated
- request any information that you have provided to us is given back to you in a format that you can give to another service provider if required, depending on the service and legal basis - "data portability"
- object to processing of your personal information, depending on the service and legal basis
- safeguards in relation to automated decision making and profiling
We try to ensure that any information we hold about you is correct but there may be situations where you find the information we hold is no longer accurate. Please contact the Council service or team holding your information in the first instance.
More information about how to make a request to exercise your rights can be found on our Make a Data Protection request page.