A pre-payment account is a current account that you will use to:
- receive your direct payment from Worcestershire County Council (the Council)
- deposit your contribution towards your care if you are assessed as needing to pay
- pay your care and support bills
You cannot use the account for any other purposes.
Meet David, a service user, who has his new Direct Payment card:
Subtitles are available when you watch the video on YouTube. You may have to click the button marked cc at the bottom right of your screen hover over it and it will say subtitles. To see the screen enlarged press the button with image of a screen entitled full screen or theatre mode.
What are the benefits of a pre-payment account?
- your direct payment will be paid straight into your pre-payment account on a monthly basis
- it’s an easy way to arrange and pay for your support, especially if you’re unable to get out and about easily
- you will be able to set up standing orders, direct debits, bank transfers, and have access to telephone and internet banking to check your balance
- it enables you to financially manage and monitor how you use your budget to meet your care and support needs
- it enables you to pay your Personal Assistant(s) or carer(s) directly; to ensure you set up your employment contract(s) correctly please refer to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) guidance; there is useful information on the GOV.UK - HM Revenue and Customs website (opens in a new window)
- it is solely for your direct payment transactions and comes with an accompanying card (similar to a direct debit card), which can be used to purchase the support identified in your Support Plan
- you can add a “nominated person” to your pre-payment account to help you manage your funds upon request, e.g. a family member (so it is set up as a joint account)
- the financial processes comply with the Council’s auditing requirements
How do I get one?
Following a request from your Social Worker, the Council’s Direct Payments team will set up your pre-payment account for you; you do not need to do anything.
The Councils Direct Payment Team can also help with queries about your payments, send documents (such as copies of your client contribution letter), complete audits of the Pre-Payment account etc.
Call the Customer Contact Centre:
- telephone: 01905 766936 (9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.)
Who can help me manage the pre-payment account?
Prepaid Financial Services (PFS) have been appointed by the Council to provide you with dedicated support, to manage your pre-payment account on a day-to-day basis, and can support you with:
- setting up standing orders, direct debits and bank transfers
- resolving issues getting on-line to view your Pre-Payment Account
- providing account statements and balances
- ordering replacement cards, cancelling lost cards etc.
PFS Customer Services can be contacted by:
- telephone: 0207 127 0743 (8 am to 9 pm, Monday to Friday)
- website: Prepaid Financial Services (opens in a new window)
Watch the following videos and download the Pre Payment Account User Manual (PDF).
Meet Jason one of the Direct Payments team
Jason shows you how to use the Direct Payment system
Subtitles are available when you watch these videos on YouTube. You may have to click the button marked cc at the bottom right of your screen hover over it and it will say subtitles. To see the screen enlarged press the button with image of a screen entitled full screen or theatre mode.
If you have any questions…
Please get in touch via email or telephone:
- email: worcesterDP@worcestershire.gov.uk
- call the Customer Contact Centre on 01905 766936 (9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.)
- call PFS (Prepaid Financial Services) – Customer Services on 0207 127 0743 (8 am to 9 pm, Monday to Friday)
Large print or easy read versions will be made available upon request.