Specialist school placements (The Local Offer)

Most children/young people with special needs go to their local mainstream setting, school or college. Special schools cater for children /young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and are for the children/young people with the most severe and complex special educational needs. There are very few unoccupied places in special schools, and it is important that these are available for the children/young people with the greatest needs.

If your preference is for your child or young person to be considered for a Special School, then you will need to also apply online through School Admissions and they will pass your application on to SEND Services who will then process your request.

Find a special school