Adult social care - make a compliment, comment or a complaint

Please note:

  • if you are seeking an Adult care needs or carers assessment, or a change of service, or increase or decrease in service please contact the Access Centre on 01905 768053
  • if you want to contact someone about the children's social care service you are receiving, or make a referral please contact the Family Front Door service on 01905 822666

You may make a compliment, a comment or a complaint about Worcestershire Adult Social Care Services. This will help the department to achieve its goal of providing an effective, high quality service. Use the feedback form to say what you think, or contact your local Advocacy Service if you require help to make your views known.

Complete a feedback form (opens in a new window)

You can complain

  • about any part of the service we offer you which you are not happy with
  • if there is a service or assessment you think you need that we have not offered you
  • if any action, attitude or behaviour of a member of staff has affected you, or someone close to you
  • about any other matter reasonably connected with the exercise of the Council's social services function

What happens when we receive your complaint:

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. We will then contact you to discuss your complaint, what outcomes you want to achieve, the best method of dealing with it, and timescales.

There are a number of methods we can use to try and resolve your complaint, including referring it to the Team Manager responsible for the service, holding a meeting to discuss your concerns and seek a solution, conciliation, or investigation.

If we have agreed a method of dealing with your complaint, but it becomes apparent that your complaint is more complex or serious, then we may suggest a better method to use. For example if your complaint is referred to the Team Manager for a quick resolution, but it is found that there are some more serious aspects to the complaint, then we may suggest conducting an investigation instead to ensure that we deal with your concerns thoroughly, and try to achieve an appropriate resolution.

Once we have dealt with your complaint a response letter will be sent to you within the agreed timescales. If an investigation is carried out then you will also receive a copy of the report.

If after this you are dissatisfied with the Council's response to your complaint you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Other ways to complain:

You can download and send us by post the Adult compliment, comment and complaint printable leaflet

You can discuss your complaint with your local County Councillor or MP (addresses from the county council, your local CAB or library). Or you can go directly to the Local Government Ombudsman at: PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH. Tel: 0300 061 0614.

However, the Ombudsman will expect you to have given the Adult Social Care Services a chance to deal with it first.

For independent help: Contact Onside Independent Advocacy (01905 27525)