Social Work Academy
Welcome to the Social Work Academy
All Social Workers employed by Worcestershire County Council and Worcestershire Children First will benefit from support from the Social Work Academy.
The team are passionate about supporting all frontline practitioners throughout their career, with their professional development and practice. All our work is linked to facilitating practitioners to achieve the best outcomes for children, families, and adults in Worcestershire.
Support from internal social work recruitment team with opportunities to develop your career within Worcestershire and transition across the service.
Social Workers benefit from a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Opportunities linked to practice themes both internally and from The West Midlands Social Work Teaching Partnership and Research in Practice.
“Research In Practice is an invaluable tool for developing knowledge that can be used in practice. There are a variety of sources from webinars, research papers and online training. I love how the online training incorporates time to go through materials before the session and how the materials support your learning” - Newly Qualified Social Worker
The Social Work Academy includes:
- Practice Education offer including Communities of Practice
- Newly Qualified Social Worker support including action learning sets
- Student and Apprentice support including forums and drop in sessions
- Continuing Professional Development offer, including access to a variety of learning opportunities and surgeries
- Leadership and management development pathway
- Career progression and development pathways
- A commitment to work towards co-production
- Collaborative working with local Higher Education Institutions and Universities
- Access to wellbeing support
We hope that you will easily find the information that you are looking for. If you have any questions regarding the content featured or queries, please email the Social Work Academy on LDAdmin@worcestershire.gov.uk