In Worcestershire we are working together to ensure all our children and young people are healthy, feel safe and have opportunities to enjoy their lives and reach their full potential.
In partnership with our frontline staff and the people we support, we have developed a detailed plan of improvement which has children at its heart and which is built around eight points.
To drive this plan forward we recognise that we need a committed, stable workforce. We will offer you inspiring leadership, clear goals, excellent training and learning opportunities, and high quality support and resources. We need social workers who can in turn inspire and safeguard their clients and residents, and who aspire to reach the highest standards.
Are you up to the challenge?
As a member of Worcestershire Children's Services, depending on where you are on your career journey, we promise to deliver:
- High level placements for students; and worthwhile work experience opportunities
- A solid start to your career through our Assessed and Supported Year in Employment Programme (ASYE)
- Continuous professional development, regular individual and group supervision, training and work based learning experiences
- Access to our Talent Management Programme, growing our own talent for future Team and Service Manager roles
- Access to our Social Work Academy, which will be your one-stop shop for all practice knowledge and skill-based resources, tools and learning to ensure you are confident in your professional work
- An inspirational Principal Social Worker who will represent your feedback and ideas for improvement
- Committed leaders who believe that our social workers are crucial to improve the lives of children and young people