Try out and test our new website!

Independent financial advice

It can be worth talking about your finances with independent advisers to be sure that you are getting the most from your money.

It is also important that any advice you receive on money matters is impartial and puts your needs and interests first.

A lot of information and advice is available free, however if you are requiring regulated financial advice or needing the services of a legal person, like a solicitor,  there may be a charge for these services.

The organisation or individual you contact should tell you what charges, if any, apply.

Who can help to advise you?

The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) 

A database of accredited private financial advisers who specialise in giving advice on finances in later life, enabling you to plan ahead or to make the most of your money once you reach retirement and older age. Visit the Society of Later Life Advisers website (opens in a new window)

Money Advice Service

An independent service, set up by government to help people manage their money by giving free and impartial advice on all money matters. Visit the Money Advice Service website (opens in a new window)

Pensions Advisory Service

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is here to give people professional, independent and impartial help with their pensions for free. Visit the Pensions Advisory Service website (opens in a new window)

Workplace Pensions

Millions of workers are being automatically enrolled into a workplace pension by their employer. Once you're enrolled, not only will you pay in to it but so will your boss and the government. Visit the Workplace Pensions website (opens in a new window)

Pension Wise

Information from the government on all issues relating to occupational and private pensions. Visit the Pension Wise website (opens in a new window)

Worcestershire Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

Free and impartial advice on welfare benefits and debt. Visit the Worcestershire Citizen Advice Bureau website (opens in a new window)

Age UK

The national Age UK website offers advice to older people on all kinds of money matters. Visit the Age UK website (opens in a new window)

Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire to ask for more personal advice. Visit the Age UK Herefordshire and Worcestershire website (opens in a new window)

Which? Elderly Care

The consumer organisation Which? has an elderly care website giving free, independent and practical advice for older people and their carers across the UK. Visit the Which? Elderly Care website (opens in a new window)