What is on offer?
FREE Renewable Energy Generation or Low Carbon Innovation Assessments
The business can choose between:
Renewable Energy Generation Business Assist
- A free assessment offering two days of support, worth up to £1,000, to consider renewable energy generation potential of your business. This assessment will assess your business energy usage and site/s and recommend the most appropriate system/s for the business. All renewable energy technologies will be considered, including solar panels, heat pumps, biomass boilers, combined heat and power plants,
Low Carbon Innovation Business Assist
- A free assessment offering two days of support, worth up to £1,000, to work with you to develop your low carbon innovation projects. The low carbon innovation assessment will be tailored to your business and could include analysis of the opportunities for diversification or development in the low carbon products and services sector, followed by specialist advice according to your business needs.
Renewable Energy Generation or Low Carbon Innovation Grants
The Low Carbon Opportunities Programme can provide grants of up to 40% of the total cost of a project (to a maximum contribution of £100,000 for capital projects, £50,000 for revenue) for business to install renewable energy systems or undertake low carbon innovation projects.
The examples of Renewable Energy Generation projects you could receive a grant for:
- Solar PV
- Geothermal heat systems
- Biomass boilers
- Air, ground or water source heat pumps
- Geothermal heat collectors or solar collectors
- Heat networks
- Renewable energy distribution technologies
- Renewable energy storage
The examples of Low Carbon Innovation projects you could receive a grant for:
- Low carbon product, process or service development
- Commercialisation or implementation costs
- Market research and assessment
- IPR protection
- Prototyping, demonstration or testing of new products
- Manufacturing scale up or market rollout
There may be many other projects which can be funded; this is not an exclusive list. The business assist you receive before you apply for a project grant will help you to work out what is the best for your business at this time. The business assist may also help you to obtain quotes for the work. Both capital and revenue projects are eligible for support.
The programme will also be hosting events and forums to discuss low carbon innovation and renewable energy technologies. These are available to all businesses and can be highly beneficial for your business and its' further growth.
For further information and future dates on events, please visit the Business Central website.