FREE Employability Support
Libraries are here to help local communities adapt and recover from the impact of COVID-19, including supporting people who are currently looking for work.
Working with key partners and national service providers, we aim to raise aspirations, improve skill levels and help people find employment.
Further information to help your job seeking journey including helpful links to regional and national job search sites can be found on our learning, skills and employability page.
While job clubs in libraries remain on hold, our new Job Savvy offer can help customers with early job seeking, skills development, career progression and interview success.
What is Job Savvy?
Job Savvy is a tailored package of learning and development designed to help people currently looking for work.
An initial one to one telephone appointment with an advisor will provide an opportunity for you to discuss your job seeking and training needs.
An advisor will help you develop an action plan for job seeking success, identify available training opportunities and get you booked in for one of the many FREE adult learning courses currently available.
Whether you are setting out on the first steps of your working life or seeking to retrain and upskill, our pick-and-mix learning modules mean you can tailor a package specifically for your needs, including:
- Job Seeking Skills
- Career Planning and CV Preparation
- Preparing for an Interview
- Communicating at Work
- Working in a Team
- Problem Solving
- Being Aware in the Workplace
- ICT courses for workplace packages such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Personal Development Skills
- Improving Own Learning and Performance
- Time Management Skills
- Maths/English units
Book your Job Savvy one to one appointment!
Book your appointment online, Search for ‘Advice Appointment’, register your name on the booking list and someone will call you back to discuss your needs.
You will receive an email that will invite you to complete an enrolment form. Please do this before you speak to the advisor so they can explain which government-funded courses you can access for free.
Alternatively speak with a member of staff in your local library who can book an appointment for you or call the customer contact centre (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) on 01905 822722.
**Due to the impact of Covid-19 all job clubs within library buildings are temporarily suspended until further notice.
Job Clubs provide practical weekly support for people currently looking for work. This is a free drop-in service, so no appointment is required.
All Job Clubs have knowledgeable volunteers and staff who are able to help with all aspects of job search, provide advice and guidance with CV's, job applications, and make sure individuals get the support they need to find work.
The clubs also provide help and support to use government and local sources of information such as Universal Job Match, national job agencies and websites. Library staff can also provide information about other services, including learning opportunities and career development.
Drop-in sessions - temporarily unavailable
- Bromsgrove Library: Monday 10.00am to 11.00pm
- Droitwich Library: Tuesday 10.00am to 12.00pm
- Evesham Library: Tuesday 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Fairfield Centre Warndon: Monday 1.00pm to3.00pm
- Kidderminster Library: Monday 11.00am to 12.00pm
- Malvern Library: Wednesday 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Pershore Library: Monday 1.30pm to 2.30pm
- Redditch Library: Thursday 10:00am to 12:00pm
- St John's Library: Wednesday 9.30am to 11.30pm
- Stourport Library: Thursday 10:00am to 12:00pm
- The Hive: Wednesday 2.30pm to 4.00pm
- Woodrow Library: Friday 11:30am to 1:30pm
- Wythall Library: Wednesday 11.00am to 1.00pm