Essential maintenance to our online payments system

Special Education Needs and Disabilities travel assistance

Worcestershire County Council are required to provide free school transport for any child who is eligible. This may include children with SEN, disabilities or mobility problems which mean that the child cannot reasonably be expected to walk to school even if they live within statutory walking distance (2 miles for Primary School and 3 miles for Secondary School).

Here you will find all the information you need to see if you are eligible for transport and how you can apply.

Bus passes

All students with an EHCP are eligible for a Concessionary or a Top up bus pass. Read more about bus passes

Direct Travel Payments

Direct Travel Payments (DTP) are available to all SEND students who are eligible for travel assistance. Read more about Direct Travel Payments

School and transport policies

Worcestershire County Council, as the Local Authority responsible for education provision, has agreed a policy for Home to School Travel. Read more about School and transport policies

Contact Education Travel

If you wish to enquire about the progress of your application, please use the Application Tracker and the EDT number advised in your application receipt email. Read more about how to contact the Education Travel team