Try out and test our new website!

My energy supplier has ceased trading – what should I do?

If your energy supplier leaves the energy market and is no longer trading, don't panic! Ofgem, the energy market regulator, offers the following advice;

  • take a current meter reading
  • don't try to switch provider, Ofgem will appoint a new provider
  • the new provider will contact you
  • ask about their cheapest tariff that meets your needs
  • if you would like to switch provider, now is the time to shop around for a new deal

For further advice, contact your local energy advice charity Act on Energy