Household Support Fund

Household Support Fund Banner

Worcestershire County Council has an allocation of £3.95 million to support vulnerable households with the cost of living until the end of September 2022 through the government funded Household Support Fund.

At least a third of the funding is ring fenced to support families with children. As part of this support, those eligible for free school meals will also receive equivalent support during the first two weeks of the summer holidays which will be organised by schools. Additional support with holiday activities and lunch is also available for families via the Ready Steady Worcestershire programme.

Support with food provision is available to those without children through local arrangements organised by District Councils.

At least a third of the funding is also ringfenced for those residents of pension age who are vulnerable. In Worcestershire, support will be provided to residents on pension credit who are living independently via a one off voucher distributed by the Post Office which can be redeemed for cash at any branch.

The cash funding can be used for food, energy and water bills and other linked essentials such as heating.

How can apply for the household support fund?

Act on Energy will be providing support around energy and water across Worcestershire and be contacted by calling 0800 9882881 or email

Eligibility criteria for support is not restricted to solely vulnerable households in receipt of benefits, but criteria will be applied for the different elements of support on offer.

Pensioners across Worcestershire not on pension credit but on a low income or with other vulnerabilities, may be eligible for a one off payment via the post office voucher scheme. For more details, please contact Age UK Worcester and Malvern Hills on 01905 724294 or 01684 560666.

Further information on the wider local support available can be found through Here2Help Worcestershire, including a directory of community services.

Assistance with food and other essentials

Assistance with food and other essentials is being co-ordinated via your local District Council. Information about what is available and eligibility can be found via their websites:

Bromsgrove District Council

Malvern Hills District Council

Redditch Borough Council

Worcester City Council

Wychavon District Council

Wyre Forest District Council